Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Toke Over the Line Sweet Jesus

Today's lesson was that some people must really lead extremely stressful lives. My prize patient of the day came to me accompanied by her 2 yo little girl. It was time for the mom's routine physical examination, even though she had seen another physician one month prior. I guess you can't get enough medical care, when you are not paying for it. Anyways, I find in her chart that she is experiencing anxiety attacks, and when questioned about it she explains that she has the attacks a couple times a week. Later on, while I am trying to get more of an accurate history, she divulges that she smokes EIGHT BLUNTS a day! I then politely ask, "How the hell can you be having anxiety attacks when you are high enough to walk on the moon?" She then proceeds to tell me about how people make her mad and then she has to rest for a couple hours, because she thinks if she doesn't she will pass out. Seriously, it must be one tough life for an eighteen year old these days who gets free health care and all the other wonderful benefits our government deems necessary to the "under privileged." I figure it must really be demanding and time consuming for her to thank all the people who are working everyday to afford her a life of being "comfortably numb."