Monday, July 9, 2007

First Day in the Life


Damn....Was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Ghetto Fabulous healing house that I was to begin my rotations. There were several firsts today along with my first patient, who didn't speak any English. The first was after dropping off some mail in the local blue box, I heard a gun shot and jumped. After coming down, I looked around to see if anyone was dead and there were two small black kids laughing at me. I felt tough. Later on, I got to meet a 17 yr. old girl with her lesbian partner. They were there to get her baby up to date on immunizations. During my lunch break, I decided to hope in my truck and drive to Micky Dees. Another time i felt safe standing next to a cop, who proudly wore his bullet proof vest for all to see. I had a nice tie from express to protect me, thanks to Dawn. After reviewing my day, I thought it went pretty well, except for the fact that I'm the best medical care these people are going to get.