Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Snake Oil Salesmen

Today's focus is on the wheeling dealing cure-alls I am introduced to everyday, along with their pushers. These snake-oil salesmen approach you, and tell you about all the great things their wonder pills do. They have been known to cure cough, colds, runny noses, asthma, pregnancy, diabetes, HTN, droughts, and create mountains out of mole hills(little blue pills). With their slyness they approach handing pamphlets and gifts, which I take cause free stuff is great, trying to persuade you into dishing out these wonder drugs. But, little do they realize that I don't know the difference. So, I just shake my head and try to act like I know something, and wait until the day comes that when I do know what they are talking about. At that time I will only be nodding so that I can continue to check out their nice toys. Seriously, do the big drug companies think I care about their pretty chart or the pretty girl interrupting my day with free gifts.